Unable to remove user
aedalia
2008-03-12 04:36:02 UTC
I'm running MSN messenger 6.0.3 for Mac and when I try to delete a contact
(who has not deleted me but has abandoned that email address), I get the
message "The server was unable to remove the user X from your contact list.
Please try again. What's with this? What can I do to remove it?
Jonathan Kay [MVP]
2008-03-12 04:40:37 UTC
Greetings,

As a workaround, if it's a @hotmail, @msn or @live account, you can log into Live Hotmail and
delete the contact there.
--
Jonathan Kay
Microsoft MVP - Windows Live Messenger
daughi
2008-03-21 04:14:00 UTC
I've been having the same problem for months. I tried this suggestion, but
the contacts don't even *show up* on my contact list through Live Hotmail. If
I log into Messenger from a PC, there's no trace of them, but as soon as I
log in on my Mac, there they are.
Post by Jonathan Kay [MVP]
Greetings,
delete the contact there.
ddczre
2008-03-26 13:35:01 UTC
Post by Jonathan Kay [MVP]
Greetings,
delete the contact there.
asdf
2008-04-21 12:28:01 UTC
This does not work. I guess you didn't try this "workaround" before
suggesting it. When you log into hotmail, the contact you want to delete
doesn't even show up.
Post by Jonathan Kay [MVP]
Greetings,
delete the contact there.